Friday, July 6, 2012

The Litigators - John Grisham

John Grisham is a pretty good writer. Granted, he is a story teller of things law related and that's kind of a niche that you have to be into to enjoy his stuff. I recently read The Litigators on my flight home from Rome. For the most part, I enjoyed it. Grisham has a gift for bringing characters to life and giving them hilarious personality quirks and flaws.

My biggest criticism is this: I felt like I was watching an episode of Law and Order: Chicago - an episode that would not end. There was enough legal jargon in there for me to get lost and about half way through the book it became very easy to predict what was going to come next.

So, if you're getting on a plane and desperate for a read...The Litigators isn't a bad choice. Though you might want to brush up on your law knowledge ahead of time...


No comments:

Post a Comment