Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Storyteller - Jodi Picoult

I saw this book sitting on the shelf at the student book fair. I'm an English teacher; it was called The Storyteller. I put it on my teacher wishlist and moved on with my life.

And then I read the book, which changed my life.

Seriously. I'd read 20, 30, 40 pages. Put it down, and then 10 minutes later come back. The multiple story lines weave beautifully (and surprisingly) through one another. The characters are refreshing - not stock characters by any means.

And the story. It is definitely one to be told. It's beautiful, poetic. It's full of charge, and full of tragedy. Love. Confusion. Wonder. Fear. Pushing boundaries, breaking norms.

In fact, it's so fabulous, I want to say as little as I can - the story is so precious, I don't want to spoil even a corner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment